Yield: about 2 dozen
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, diced cooking apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vegetable oil
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Combine milk, egg yolks, and butter in a medium mixing bowl, beating well. Combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a small mixing bowl, stirring until well blended; gradually fold into egg yolk mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons sugar over diced apples; toss gently, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into chilled batter. Fold chopped apple mixture and pecans into fritter batter.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large skillet to 375°; drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Cook 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note