- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, diced cooking apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vegetable oil
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Combine milk, egg yolks, and butter in a medium mixing bowl, beating well. Combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a small mixing bowl, stirring until well blended; gradually fold into egg yolk mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons sugar over diced apples; toss gently, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into chilled batter. Fold chopped apple mixture and pecans into fritter batter.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large skillet to 375°; drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Cook 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This