- 1 (11-oz.) can refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 crisp, sweet apples (such as Gala, Fuji, or Braeburn)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Garnish: thinly sliced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Press pizza dough into a 14- x 9-inch rectangle in a lightly greased (with cooking spray) jelly-roll pan.
Bake at 425° on lower oven rack 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Meanwhile, thinly slice apples; toss with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice.
Stir together ricotta cheese, lemon zest, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. lemon juice. Spread ricotta mixture over baked crust.
Arrange apples over ricotta mixture, and sprinkle with onion slices and almonds. Drizzle with honey. Cut into squares, and serve immediately.
Chicken-Apple Sausage Flatbread: Prepare recipe through Step 2, omitting ricotta, zest, onion, almonds, and honey. Cook 1 (12-oz.) package smoked chicken-and-apple sausage links in a skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until browned; slice. Stir salt and pepper into 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese spread; spread over baked crust. Top with apples and sausage. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives and basil. Hands-on 20 min., Total 40 min.