- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 sweet apples, such as Golden Delicious or Fuji, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup dried Mission figs, sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine such as Pinot Gris
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- calories 269
- caloriesfromfat 64 %
- protein 3.5 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 121 mg
- cholesterol 31 mg
How to Make It
Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, pulse nuts with salt to coarsely grind. Add sugar and butter; pulse until mixture clumps. Evenly press up sides and over bottom of a nonstick 10-in. tart pan with a removable rim.
Bake crust until deep golden in center, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then chill until firm, at least 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make topping: In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Melt butter in a 12-in. frying pan over medium heat. Add apple mixture, figs, wine, and honey. Cook, stirring, until apples are soft and liquid is gone, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove apple mixture from heat, stir in sage, and let cool.
Make filling: In a clean food processor, whirl filling ingredients to blend well.
Spread filling in crust and arrange apple mixture on top, leaving about 1/2 in. of filling uncovered around edge. Carefully push pan from rim.
Make ahead: Through step 4, components chilled separately airtight, up to 1 day. The finished tart, chilled, up to 2 hours.