- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/3 cups Champagne or sparkling wine
- 3/4 cup diced peeled Granny Smith apple
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces Bravo Farm Special Reserve cheddar cheese or other aged cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 16 slices
- calories 206
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 8.5 g
- carbohydrate 15.5 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 55 mg
- calcium 166 mg
How to Make It
Combine cold water and sugar in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over sugar mixture; let stand 1 minute. Place pan over medium-low heat; cook until sugar and gelatin dissolve, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from heat; cool slightly. Stir in Champagne.
Spoon 3 tablespoons diced apple into each of 4 (4-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Pour wine mixture evenly over diced apple. Chill 2 hours or until set.
Loosen edges of domes with a knife or rubber spatula. Place a dessert plate, upside down, on top of each ramekin; invert onto plates. Serve with cheddar cheese and apple slices.
Note: You can also remove the domes from the ramekins by quickly dipping the cups in hot water and then running a knife around the edges.