- 5 cups peeled, cored, diced cooking apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream or shredded
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Place apples in a lightly greased 8 - inch square baking pan; sprinkle apples with cinnamon. Pour water over apples.
Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Spoon into individual serving bowls, and serve hot with ice cream or cheese, if desired.