- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced cooking apples
- Double-Crust Cheese Pastry
How to Make It
Combine cranberries and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes or until the cranberries have popped.
Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; add to cranberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in butter and apples. Remove mixture from heat, and cool.
Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Spoon cooled filling into pastry shell.
Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness, and place over filling. Trim edges; seal and flute. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool before serving.