- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 medium-size Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups mincemeat
How to Make It
Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
Bake at 450° for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
Toss together apple slices, 1 tablespoon flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon until apple slices are coated; set aside.
Cook fresh cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes; drain.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup flour in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
Spoon mincemeat into prepared piecrust, and top with apple mixture. Spoon cranberry mixture over apple mixture, and sprinkle with crumb mixture.
Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.