Use other apple varieties, such as Jonagold, Honeycrisp, or Melrose, to change the flavor of this crisp.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 of crisp)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 49.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 5 medium Braeburn apples
- Cooking spray
- 2.15 ounces gluten-free baking and pancake mix (about 1/2 cup; such as Pamela's)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add juices, stirring with a whisk until cornstarch dissolves. Add cranberries; let stand while preparing apples.
- 3. Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4-inch slices to measure 9 cups. Add apples to cranberry mixture, stirring to coat. Pour apple mixture into a 13 x 9–inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Weigh or lightly spoon baking mix into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine baking mix and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add butter, tossing with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture over apple mixture. Cover with foil.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts