- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 5 medium Braeburn apples
- Cooking spray
- 2.15 ounces gluten-free baking and pancake mix (about 1/2 cup; such as Pamela's)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- calories 276
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 49.1 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 151 mg
- calcium 45 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add juices, stirring with a whisk until cornstarch dissolves. Add cranberries; let stand while preparing apples.
Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4-inch slices to measure 9 cups. Add apples to cranberry mixture, stirring to coat. Pour apple mixture into a 13 x 9–inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Weigh or lightly spoon baking mix into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine baking mix and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add butter, tossing with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture over apple mixture. Cover with foil.
Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Serve warm.