- 1 (12-ounce) container whole cranberry-orange sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Garnishes: orange rind strips, fresh rosemary sprigs
- calories 86
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 1.3 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 0.3 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.2 mg
- sodium 44 mg
- calcium 3.5 mg
How to Make It
Bring cranberry-orange sauce and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Arrange apple quarters in a round baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour cranberry mixture over apples.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans. Bake 5 more minutes. Garnish, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.