- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon non-iodized salt
- 5 tart cooking apples, cored
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (1 3/4-ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine water, vinegar, and salt in a large glass mixing bowl. Mince apples, and add to water mixture; soak 2 to 5 minutes. Drain apples; rinse well.
- Combine apples, 1/22 cup water, lemon juice, raisins, and powdered fruit pectin in a flat-bottomed kettle; stir well. Quickly bring mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar, and return to a rolling boil for 1 additional minute, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Stir in pecans. Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a cold metal spoon.
- Quickly pour conserve into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4- inch headspace. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note