Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
Using refrigerated biscuits to assemble these turnovers takes just moments. They also have an easy filling made with chopped apples and applesauce. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. From Robin Stevens: Cadiz, Kentucky. Serving Accompaniments: Chicken Parmigiana and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo. Recipe published in Quick Cooking September/October 1999.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) applesauce
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 dash(es) ground nutmeg
- 1 7 1/2-ounce tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- • In a large bowl, combine the apple, applesauce, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Separate biscuits; roll out each into a 6-in. circle.
- • Place on a greased baking sheet. Place a heaping tablespoonful of apple mixture in the center of each. Fold in half and pinch edges to seal. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- • Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note