To make ahead, assemble unbaked rolls in pans, cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight. Let stand 1 1/2 to 2 hours to rise; bake as directed.
Southern Living JANUARY 2013
1. Place apples in a small microwave-safe bowl, and pour apple juice over apples. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small corner to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool 15 minutes.
2. Lightly grease 2 (8-inch) round or square cake pans or skillets. Spoon Sticky Bun Syrup into pans.
3. Prepare hot roll dough as directed on back of package; let dough stand 5 minutes.
4. Roll dough into an 18- x 10-inch rectangle. Spread with melted butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle apples over brown sugar mixture.
5. Roll dough up tightly, starting at 1 long end; cut into 16 slices using a serrated knife. Place 1 slice in center of each prepared pan. Place 7 slices around center roll in each pan.
6. Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
7. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover rolls, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Prepare Maple Glaze, and brush over rolls. Top with toasted pecans.
Go to Full Version of