Apple-Cinnamon Sticky Rolls
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup apple juice
- Sticky Bun Syrup
- 1 (16-oz.) package hot roll mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple Glaze
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Place apples in a small microwave-safe bowl, and pour apple juice over apples. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small corner to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Lightly grease 2 (8-inch) round or square cake pans or skillets. Spoon Sticky Bun Syrup into pans.
- 3. Prepare hot roll dough as directed on back of package; let dough stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Roll dough into an 18- x 10-inch rectangle. Spread with melted butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle apples over brown sugar mixture.
- 5. Roll dough up tightly, starting at 1 long end; cut into 16 slices using a serrated knife. Place 1 slice in center of each prepared pan. Place 7 slices around center roll in each pan.
- 6. Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 7. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover rolls, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Prepare Maple Glaze, and brush over rolls. Top with toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads