- 1 large Gala apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 to 4 Tbsp. apple cider or orange juice
- Garnish: powdered sugar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°. Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Toss together apple slices and sugar in a small bowl. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in skillet. Add apples, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove apples from skillet, and wipe skillet clean.
Whisk together eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk in flour and next 3 ingredients. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Immediately pour egg mixture into hot skillet, and top with cooked apples.
Bake at 450° for about 20 minutes or until pancake is golden and puffed.
Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and brown sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Stir in apple cider, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Serve with hot pancake.