Apple Chicken Stew
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) caraway seeds
- 2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/4 cup(s) apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 bay leaf
- Minced fresh parsley
- • In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery. Combine the salt, thyme, pepper and caraway; sprinkle half over vegetables.
- • In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned; transfer to slow cooker. Top with apple. In a small bowl, combine apple cider and vinegar; pour over chicken and apple. Sprinkle with remaining salt mixture. Top with bay leaf.
- • Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note