Apple-Chicken Sausage With Apricot-Pepper Relish
Serve this Cajun-inspired Apple-Chicken Sausage over your favorite hot cooked grits, mashed potatoes, or rice.
More From Southern Living
Total: 22 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 (12-oz.) packages smoked chicken-and-apple sausage links, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1. Whisk together chicken broth, preserves, and cider vinegar.
- 2. Cook sausage, in batches, in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add peppers and onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth mixture, and reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 4 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Note: We tested with Emeril's Chicken & Apple Gourmet Chicken Smoked Sausage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes