This is better if you use canned, well-drained cherries and double the amount of apples and cherries. I stretch out the squares of dough so the turnovers can be larger and hold more fruit.
Apple Cherry Turnovers
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (8 1/2 oz.), thawed
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut puff pastry into 4 equal squares and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
- 2. Peel, quarter, and thinly slice apple. In a bowl, sprinkle apple with sugars and cinnamon, tossing to coat, then add cherries.
- 3. Place an equal amount of apple mixture in center of each square of dough. Pull 1 corner of dough over mixture to meet opposite corner and form a triangle, then press to seal the 2 corners together, leaving sides open. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch