I have been making this cheese ball for years. Always get compliments on it and many requests for the recipe. Very easy to make and presents well.
Apple Cheese Ball
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 10 to 12 appetizer servings
- 8 ounces white Cheddar cheese, shredded*
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Chill 30 minutes.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball, and make an indentation in the top to resemble an apple. Chill ball 30 minutes.
- Coat ball heavily with paprika; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Insert cinnamon stick and bay leaf into indentation to resemble apple stem and leaf. Serve with assorted crackers.
- *We used Cracker Barrel white Cheddar found in the deli section of the grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers