I have been making this cheese ball for years. Always get compliments on it and many requests for the recipe. Very easy to make and presents well.
Apple Cheese Ball
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 10 to 12 appetizer servings
- 8 ounces white Cheddar cheese, shredded*
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Chill 30 minutes.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball, and make an indentation in the top to resemble an apple. Chill ball 30 minutes.
- Coat ball heavily with paprika; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Insert cinnamon stick and bay leaf into indentation to resemble apple stem and leaf. Serve with assorted crackers.
- *We used Cracker Barrel white Cheddar found in the deli section of the grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note