Yuck. I made these for work function for my husband. I am glad we tried one before sending them in: the stale bagels he picks up on the way to work tomorrow will certainly be better.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Calcium: 255mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Protein: 9g
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium-size Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 EGGLAND'S Best Large White Eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add apple and next 2 ingredients; sauté 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Combine baking mix and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together milk and eggs; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir apple mixture into batter. Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle batter with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Gently run a knife around edges of muffins to loosen. Remove muffins from pan to wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note