- 12 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups vinegar
- Place apples and water in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft. Press apples through a sieve. Discard cooking liquid.
- Combine strained apple pulp and remaining ingredients in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring frequently, 1 hour or until thickened.
- Ladle catsup into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process catsup in boiling-water bath 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments