Apple-Carrot Slaw with Smoked Trout
I think this is from the early years of Cooking Light; I tore it from a magazine and have been making it for a long time. Couldn't find it on myrecipes.com or the web.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard seed
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, julienned
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2.5 cup(s) Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1.5 cup(s) carrots, peeled, julienned
- 2 smoked trout filets, skin & bones removed, flaked
- 6 scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley, chopped
- 1. Toast seeds in small skillet, swirling the pan about 2 min.
- 2. Grind the seeds in spice mill
- 3. Whisk together vinegar, juice concentrate, oil & ground spices
- 4. Season with salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Toss apples with lemon juice
- 2. Add rest of slaw ingredients and toss gently
- 3. Add dressing and gently combine
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note