apple cake with rum sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup(s) granny smith apple with peel grated
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- dash(es) nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) rum
- stir together dry ingredients. cream butter sugar and egg until light and fluffy. stir in grated apple blend in flour mixture. pour into a grease square 8in pan. bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- in double broiler butter and sugar and half and half. cook over boiling water stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 10minutes. cool slightly and add nutmeg vanilla and rum, can also serve with sharp cheddar or unsweeted whipped cream
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elizabeth413 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
apple cake with rum sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts