Apple Cake with Maple Glaze
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) bakin soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) fresh nutmeg grated
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup(s) oil
- 1/2 cup(s) applesauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 cup(s) Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13 x 9-in. pan (I used Baker’s Joy in a glass pan). In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Dig a well in the middle of the mix and set aside. To another bowl, add the eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Mix in apples and pecans. Pour the liquid mixture into the well of the dry mixture and gently fold together just until completely combined. The batter will be fairly thick. Pour evenly into greased pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. Set on a wire rack to cool and immediately make glaze.
- Brown Sugar Glaze
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp half-and-half or cream
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on medium to medium-low heat, mixing constantly. Let the glaze come to a boil, turn down heat (it will continue to simmer), and stir constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes. Sugar and butter should be completely melted and smooth. Pour over hot cake and let cool before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ShorkieMom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Cake with Maple Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts