Apple Butterscotch Bread Pudding
This bread pudding, featuring apples and walnuts, uses a unique combination of cinnamon and butterscotch chips to create a wonderful flavor. From Sally Sibthorpe: Shelby Township, Michigan. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 2 cup(s) chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 8 cup(s) cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup(s) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup(s) cinnamon baking chips
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- Additional cinnamon baking chips, melted, optional
- • In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in apples and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- • Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add the apple mixture, chips and walnuts; toss to coat. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over bread mixture.
- • Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Drizzle with melted cinnamon chips if desired. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note