Apple Butter-Pumpkin Pie
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
Yield: Serves 10
Cost per Serving: $1.10
More From Allyou
Chill: 3 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 157mg
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 envelope (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Make crust: Spread pecans on a baking sheet; toast until nuts are golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes, shaking pan twice. Transfer to a bowl to cool; chop finely.
- 2. Mix pecans, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until evenly moistened. Press into pie plate. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Make filling: In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cool water; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. Mix in pumpkin puree.
- 4. Place bowl of gelatin in a pan of simmering water and warm, stirring, until melted, about 2 minutes. When gelatin is clear and smooth, remove bowl and stir in 1/2 cup pumpkin filling. Fold gelatin mixture into remaining pumpkin filling. In a smaller bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form, then fold into pumpkin filling. Spoon filling into pie crust and smooth top. Spoon apple butter around top of filling; press lightly into filling with spoon. Drag a small knife through apple butter in a swirl pattern to create a marble effect, taking care not to hit crust. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note