So easy and so yummy!
Apple Brown Betty
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 4 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together breadcrumbs and melted butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 2. Place half of apple wedges in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle apples with half of brown sugar mixture and half of breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining apples, brown sugar mixture, and breadcrumb mixture. Pour apple cider over top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note