- 1 1/2 cups coarse fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 pounds McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- calories 144
- fat 4.8 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- protein 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 26.1 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 89 mg
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fiber 2.1 g
- calcium 20 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter.
Combine apple, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cider, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
Sprinkle half of crumb mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon apple filling over crumb mixture, and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over apple; spoon remaining 2 tablespoons cider over crumbs.
Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.