Apple Brown Betty
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 144
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 89mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1 1/2 cups coarse fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 pounds McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine apple, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cider, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle half of crumb mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon apple filling over crumb mixture, and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over apple; spoon remaining 2 tablespoons cider over crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts