The turkey and the gravy were both excellent. My family really enjoyed the meal.
Apple-Bourbon Turkey Breast
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 1 (6-lb.) bone-in turkey breast
- Apple-Bourbon Marinade
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven bag
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Garnishes: Key limes, papaya halves
- Apple-Bourbon Gravy
- 1. Rinse turkey breast thoroughly with cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- 2. Remove 1/2 cup Apple-Bourbon Marinade, and reserve for Apple-Bourbon Gravy. Pour remaining 2 cups Apple-Bourbon Marinade into a 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag; add turkey breast. Seal bag, and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove turkey breast from bag, discarding marinade.
- 4. Place flour in oven bag; shake to coat inside of bag. Place bag in a shallow roasting pan; place celery and sliced onion inside bag. Brush turkey breast with melted butter, and place on top of vegetables in bag. Close bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of turkey breast registers 170°. Remove turkey breast from bag to a serving platter. Pour bag drippings through a wire-mesh strainer into a medium bowl, discarding solids in strainer and reserving drippings (about 2 cups) in bowl for Apple-Bourbon Gravy. Garnish, if desired, and serve with gravy.
- Note: If doubling the recipe, simply place both oven bags side by side in the same roasting pan, and bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes