Apple-Blueberry Cream Puff Sundaes
To serve with cinnamon ice cream, soften vanilla ice cream, and stir in 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon; freeze.
Yield: Makes 7 servings
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 half-gallon vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Bring 3/4 cup water and butter to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and salt; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth. Drop batter by 2 rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 325°, and bake 15 more minutes or until golden.
- Pierce cream puffs with a fork to let steam escape, and cool.
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes. Stir together apples, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- Split cream puffs in half; fill with ice cream, top with apple mixture, and replace pastry top. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note