Apple-Blueberry Cream Puff Sundaes
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 half-gallon vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Bring 3/4 cup water and butter to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and salt; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth. Drop batter by 2 rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 325°, and bake 15 more minutes or until golden.
- Pierce cream puffs with a fork to let steam escape, and cool.
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes. Stir together apples, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- Split cream puffs in half; fill with ice cream, top with apple mixture, and replace pastry top. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts