Apple-Blue Cheese Chutney from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped shallots
- 2 1/2 cup(s) peeled, finely chopped Braeburn apples (2 large)
- 1 cup(s) apple cider
- 1/4 cup(s) golden raisins
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 1. Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; saute 1 minute. Add apple & next 4 ingredients (through vinegar); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates and the apples are very tender. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 teaspoon thyme, salt & pepper. Cool to room temperature. Gently stir in blue cheese with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon thyme.
- Serve on crostini or toasted walnut bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple-Blue Cheese Chutney from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes