Apple Blintz Hand Pies
Photo: Christina Holmes
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 pound all-butter puff pastry
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 Pink Lady apple, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup farmer cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 (large) egg, beaten
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a 12-by-16-inch rectangle and cut out twelve 4-inch squares. Transfer the squares to a baking sheet and freeze until firm, 10 minutes. In a bowl, toss the apples with the sugar, farmer cheese, cinnamon, salt and 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Brush the edges of the squares with the egg and mound 2 tablespoons of the apple filling on each one. Fold to form triangles and press to seal. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of the triangles. Brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Cut 3 small slits in each to release steam. Bake until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes, shifting the pans halfway through. Let cool, then serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts