Apple & Blackberry Pie
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 pound(s) tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cup(s) fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon(s) half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) coarse sugar
- • Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- • On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- • In a large bowl, combine the apples, blackberries, butter and lemon juice. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to fruit mixture and toss to coat. Place in crust.
- • Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with cream; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- • Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note