Apple-Berry Cobbler with Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce
Butter and sugar crown this cobbler as a hard sauce bold with black flecks of vanilla bean.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 pounds cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (6 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat well. Add milk and egg; beat well. Stir in flour mixture; set batter aside.
- Combine sliced apple and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine cornstarch and water. Add to apple mixture; stir well. Spoon apple mixture into a lightly greased 11" x 7" x 1 1/2" baking dish. Drop batter by spoonfuls over fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 or 50 minutes or until golden. If desired, serve warm with Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce or ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note