Apple, Beet, and Cabbage Salad
This salad puts color on the table, to say nothing of hearty flavors. Notes: You can make the salad up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Prep Time: about 25 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 can (15 oz.) sliced pickled beets
- 3 Braeburn or other sweet red apples (1 1/2 lb. total)
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage (6 oz. total)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Drain the beets and cut into matchstick-size strips 2 to 3 inches long. Peel and core the apples. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then into 1/4-inch-thick sticks 2 to 3 inches long.
- 2. In a bowl, mix beets, apples, cabbage, lemon juice, sugar, and salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple, Beet, and Cabbage Salad Recipe at a Glance