Apple Beef Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- • In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown beef in butter. Add onions; cook until lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour and salt. Gradually add water and apple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- • Place the bay leaves, allspice and cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- • Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
- • Add carrots and apples; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the meat, carrots and apples are tender. Discard spice bag. Thicken if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note