Apple-Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 bacon slices, diced
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Sauté chopped apple in reserved drippings over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bacon, 1/4 cup cranberries, and next 3 ingredients.
- Cut a 3 1/2-inch-long horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast, cutting to, but not through, other side, forming a pocket. Stuff apple mixture evenly into each pocket. Wipe skillet clean.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup cranberries, apple juice, apple brandy, and salt to skillet. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water until smooth; stir into juice mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken, and sprinkle with pecans and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes