- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups thinly sliced Fuji apple
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped and cooked
- calories 341
- fat 14.4 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 596 mg
- calcium 160 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Broil pitas 1 minute or until lightly golden. Remove from oven; carefully flip pitas over. Brush evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle cheddar over pitas; arrange apple slices over cheese.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, walnuts, thyme, and bacon evenly over apples. Return to oven; broil 1 to 2 minutes.