Apple-Bacon Egg Bake
An inexpensive, healthy egg dish that is hearty and delicious, and the apples give it a slight sweetness. From Nancy Miller: Bettendorf, Iowa. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 eggs
- 1 small apple, diced
- 3/4 cup(s) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Dash salt and pepper
- • In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the apple, hash browns, milk, sour cream, 3 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon bacon, salt and pepper.
- • Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note