Great salad! I served it with grilled flank steak. After tasting it I thought chopped celery would be a great addition and it was. Made a double batch of the dressing. Next weekend I plan on bringing the salad to a birthday potluck. I'm going to add some toasted walnuts for an extra kick.
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Red Delicious apples, diced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- Combine oil and next 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Combine apple and next 3 ingredients; toss with dressing. Serve on individual lettuce-lined serving plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note