Lovely salad, the ideal mix of flavors with sweet, tart and savory. This will be on our table often, and with easy variations on the nuts, apple type and lettuce type.
Apple-and-Gorgonzola Salad With Maple Dressing
Light and refreshing, this easy apple-and-gorgonzola salad is a terrific mix of sweet, tart, salty, and savory flavors.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups bagged prewashed European mixed salad greens
- 2 large sliced Red Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- 2. Combine greens and apple in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle salad with Gorgonzola cheese and pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads