Apple-and-Celery Root Salad
More From Health
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound celery root, peeled and cut into matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients (through black pepper). Toss celery root with buttermilk dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place lemon juice in a bowl. Trim tops and bottoms from apples. Cut apples crosswise into slices, removing seeds and core with a round cookie cutter or paring knife. Transfer apple to bowl with lemon juice, and toss to prevent apple from browning.
- 3. Starting with apple slices, alternately stack apple with the celery root mixture on each of 4 serving plates. Garnish with additional chives, and serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads