Apple and Brie Toasts
A buttery mixture of brown sugar and chopped walnuts tops sweet apple slices and savory cheese for an elegant appetizer that will appeal to everyone. We used a combination of Granny Smith and Braeburn apples, but you can use your favorite. Fresh pears are a good option, too.
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (13.2-oz.) pkg. Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 Granny Smith apples and/or Braeburn apples, cored and sliced
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350° until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, walnuts and butter. Top each slice of bread with a cheese slice, an apple slice and one teaspoon of brown sugar mixture. Bake until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple and Brie Toasts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch