Cozy up by the fire with a warm mug of Apple-Ale Wassail. This English holiday drink is made with apple-ale and flavored with allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 2 (12-oz.) bottles ale
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup port
- 1 cup lemonade
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Garnish: lemon wedges, cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Stir together ale, apple cider, port, lemonade, brown sugar, diced apple, whole allspice, 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, cardamom in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours or until hot. Remove diced apple, if desired. Ladle into mugs. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note