Anytime Clam Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) Bacon Cut into lardons
- 8 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 head(s) Celery hearts Chopped small
- 2 bulb(s) Large white onions Chopped small
- 6 can(s) Chopped clams Small cans
- 2 bottle(s) Clam Juice Bottled
- 5 piece(s) baking potatoes Extra Large
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme Generous
- 1 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 7 1/4 cup(s) Whole Milk
- 1 head(s) Italian flat leaf parsley Rough Chop
- Cooking Procedure
- Fry bacon lardons, set aside
- Melt butter in a cooking pot.
- Add onions and celery. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables soften
- Drain the juice from the clam and pour in along with the extra clam juice. Let boil.
- Add salt and pepper
- Put-in potatoes and thyme. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- Add cream and milk. Cook until desired thickness is achieved.
- Put-in chopped clams and bacon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pjbutler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note