Anytime Clam Chowder
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) Bacon Cut into lardons
- 8 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 head(s) Celery hearts Chopped small
- 2 bulb(s) Large white onions Chopped small
- 6 can(s) Chopped clams Small cans
- 2 bottle(s) Clam Juice Bottled
- 5 piece(s) baking potatoes Extra Large
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme Generous
- 1 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 7 1/4 cup(s) Whole Milk
- 1 head(s) Italian flat leaf parsley Rough Chop
- Cooking Procedure
- Fry bacon lardons, set aside
- Melt butter in a cooking pot.
- Add onions and celery. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables soften
- Drain the juice from the clam and pour in along with the extra clam juice. Let boil.
- Add salt and pepper
- Put-in potatoes and thyme. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- Add cream and milk. Cook until desired thickness is achieved.
- Put-in chopped clams and bacon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pjbutler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes