Any/All Fruit Cobbler with Custard
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) prepared fruit
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 7/8 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) butter chilled, cut into small pieces
- 3/8 cup(s) milk
- To Finish
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Fruit - Combine fruit, flour and sugar in saucepan and heat to boiling. Set aside.
- Dough - Whizz in processor: flour, salt and baking powder. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Place flour mixture in medium bowl. Add milk all at once. Stir until barley mixed. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently and quickly, 8-10 folds.
- Place fruit mixture into buttered 8x8 baking dish and spoon dough over. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Dot with 2 T butter. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes.
- Custard - Whisk sugar, flour and salt together. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together milk and egg yolks. Gradually combine milk with flour mixture. Place mixture in double boiler and stir over boiling water until thickened. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Serve cobbler in bowls. Spoon custard over or serve with ice cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lollymom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes