delicious!!!! i've made this recipe over and over again....it's in our 'top 10". easy to make, very authentic flavor. I make enough for dinner and leftovers the next day, so i usually triple the sauce.
Anticuchos with Roasted Yellow Pepper Sauce (Peruvian Beef Kebabs)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 612mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground aji amarillo or hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Fiery rub:
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground aji amarillo or hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Cooking spray
- Roasted Yellow Pepper Sauce
- 1. To prepare beef, combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- 2. To prepare fiery rub, combine parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
- 3. Prepare grill.
- 4. Remove beef from bowl; thread beef onto each of 6 (10-inch) skewers. Press fiery rub onto beef. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once. Serve with Roasted Yellow Pepper Sauce.
- Totals include Roasted Yellow Pepper Sauce.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light September, 2001 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note