Annie's Split Pea and Ham Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) dried green split peas (about 2 cups)
- 7 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) ham cooked, diced
- 2 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) potato peeled, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley-fresh chopped
- In a dutch oven, bring peas, water oil and salt to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the next 7 ingredients , cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetable are tender. Stir in parsley. Serve with hot rolls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annesmusic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Annie's Split Pea and Ham Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews