I found that it needed to be thicker for scoop so mixed 1/2 cup of the chedder cheese into the pan when breaking down the cream cheese. This adds consistency in eating. Also added 1 oz of hot sauce and liquid smoke. Also used hot sausage Never had anyting get eaten up like this.
Anne's Hot Sausage Dip
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Zapalowski
This cheesey sausage dip is the perfect party dip recipe. Serve with a substantial corn chip to ensure perfect scoops everytime.
Yield: 10 to 12 appetizer servings
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Drain diced tomato and green chiles, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Stir together sausage, diced tomato and green chiles, reserved liquid, and cream cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 1-quart baking dish; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with corn chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Anne's Hot Sausage Dip Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers